The Girl ;

name: Just The Girl
age: 24
location: in the real world
profession: hippie chick
hobbies: being a hippie in a modern-day world, writing love on her arms, watching too many movies, loving One Tree Hill, singing Beatles songs, taking random road trips, spending quality time with friends

Indulges In ;

tv: One Tree Hill
movies: Across the Universe, Romeo and Juliet, Little Women
books: The Bible, Romeo and Juliet, Little Women, Harry Potter, My Sister's Keeper
music: The Beatles
foods: Mexican, Italian, no beef or pork
desserts: cheesecake, tiramisu and chocolate chip cookies
colors: all the colors of the rainbow!
people: only the best

Most Recent ;

movie watched: Away We Go
tv show watched: Roseanne
song played: "Wonderwall" - Oasis
book read: "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by J.K. Rowling

Quote of the Moment ;

"There are many things that I would like to say to you
But I don't know how
I said maybe
You're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all
You're my wonderwall"
~ "Wonderwall" by Oasis

Wishes On ;

a falling star

Her Exits;

The Onion
New York Times
To Write Love on Her Arms
PostSecret
Internet Movie Database
Stumble Upon

The Credits ;

Images: 1
Brushes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Designer: purpl3d
Special Tnks to: Blogger, Blogskins

The Memories ;

Nov 21, 2008
Jul 7, 2009


Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Her List

Little girls dream of being princesses, and every princess marries a prince.

When they're young, little girls dream of whom their Prince Charming will be. Will he be handsome? Will he be sweet? Will he be a frog whom when I kiss will turn into a prince? Will he love me?

What I know is this: Little girls have lists of attributes they want to see in their prince. Some little girls write those qualities down on paper. Others simply store them in their minds. Sometimes the list will change. Over the years some qualities will disappear and others will be added.

So that when those young princesses partake of the dating game, they have qualities to measure young gentlemen against.

My mother and grandmothers taught me that you shouldn't date someone who wouldn't make a good mate. Of course, you have to go out with people to learn about them but before you enter a relationship, you should make sure the guy possesses the qualities you deem most important in a potential spouse.

My list is handwritten in a notebook. It's not a list per se so much as a narrative that when it boils right down to it is a list. I hadn't looked at it in more than two years until tonight. What I realized in reading my list is that a person could fit into some of the most basic characteristics but still not be Mr. Right. What does it mean to trust someone? I trust my friends. I especially trust my select closest friends, but when I think of a mate, the level of trust is elevated. I realize that you won't know that level of trust until you find it in another person.

Here are a few excerpts from my list:

- "We are all humans and we are all hopelessly flawed. No one is perfect. The most we can ever hope for is to meet someone whose imperfections we find to be simply perfect."
- "Honest and trustworthy"
- "He should be optimistic and hopeful in the worst of times and have faith that things will turn around. He should also have faith in himself."
- "Self-confident ... but not arrogant"
- "A family man"
- "Loyal"
- "He must enjoy the simple things in life and be able to take pleasure in the most carefree activities, like taking a walk in the park or looking at the stars."
- "Make me smile ... humor"
- "He doesn't have to solve my problems, I just want to know that he will be there to truly hear them."
- "Communication"
- "He must be passionate about at least something."
- "Affectionate"
- "I want someone who makes me feel stable and secure. I don't know that I have ever felt that way before."
- "Patient"
- "Not desire wealth"
- "Respect other people... Respect me."
- "He should realize that the world is beautiful, life is short and love is the greatest gift of all."
- "Be himself"
- "Love me for me."

Just The Girl @ 1:05 AM
0 imprints on her world